COVID-19 response as of 6/29/2020:
Hope you are staying home and healthy during these challenging times. We continue to rely on guidance from institutions including the Washington Department of Health, Governor Inslee's office, and the American Physical Therapy Association to guide our response to COVID-19. Here is our current status:
- We have re-opened on a limited basis. We are initially prioritizing the urgent needs of our current clients and new clients from our wait lists.
- The PT reserves the right to wear a face shield, gloves, and/or gown during the session as needed. The PT will bring and wear a face mask during the session and will bring disinfectant wipes and hand sanitizer.
- If the PT is unable to obtain sufficient PPE in advance of a session, the session will need to be rescheduled until sufficient PPE is obtained.
- Client and family/caregiver face masks: During our sessions, everyone present must wear a face covering or face mask. Clients and anyone in their home must obtain a face covering or face mask and have it on before the session can begin. The PT will do the same.
- Symptoms of illness and COVID-19 known exposures:
- If the PT, client, or anyone in the client's home has had a fever, symptoms of illness, and/or known exposure to a person with COVID-19 within the 14 days leading up to the PT session, the PT and client must be notified. The session will need to be rescheduled or changed to a tele-health PT session if this occurs.
- Temperature checks: On the day of the sessions, the PT will take her temperature before going to the session to confirm that no fever is present. When the PT arrives, the PT will take the client's temperature using an ear thermometer to confirm that no fever is present.
- If the PT arrives and finds that the client or others present in the home are showing signs of illness, the PT has the right to immediately cancel and reschedule the session.
- Telehealth option:
- PT initial evaluations can only be completed by the PT in-person, not via telehealth due to the hands-on nature of the examination.
- Subsequent sessions following the PT initial evaluation can be completed via tele-health in many situations with the PT joining over video while the wheelchair vendor tech or representative joins the client in-person in the home.
- PT telehealth session rate: $75/hour
Mobility Coaching and Outfitting, PLLC, is a physical therapist-owned practice specializing in custom manual and power wheelchair seating and mobility and neuro mobility training for clients in the home setting. Our hub is Shoreline, WA.
Our approach centers around timeliness, transparency, and excellence in our interactions with our clients and their families, especially as they go through the otherwise complex and sometimes slow and frustrating process of modifying or ordering a wheelchair.
We will evaluate your wheelchair needs thoroughly by evaluating you in your home settings where we can check out household and vehicle accessibility, transfer set up needs, and other self-care considerations. We can spend as much time as needed evaluating your postural and performance needs, current wheelchair system, and future wheelchair and mobility hopes and goals.
Because we are running a small-scale practice, we can schedule quickly and can rapidly complete the physical therapist portion of the insurance authorization paperwork for wheelchair orders. We are passionate about wheelchair seating and strongly believe that a well-designed wheelchair can save energy, relieve pain, prevent skin breakdown, and improve posture and joint health. We believe custom wheelchairs will maximize your independence and dignity at home, school, work, and play. See Our Services page for more information.
We look forward to working with you soon! -Elisa and Holly